We’re thrilled to be featured in a “Pretty in Pink” story in the March/April issue of Bridal Guide magazine, on newsstands now.
Soft and romantic, a rose gold engagement ring is feminine and unique for the bride who wants to stand apart. An elegant Classico engagement ring with diamond shank is shown in 18k rose gold as a perfect in pink option.
Danhov Classico (CL121) engagement ring in 18k rose gold with a diamond shank is pretty in pink.
Jennifer Gandia from Greenwich Jewelers in New York City, a leading fine jewelry retailer, offers some of the best advice for one of the most-asked questions from brides-to-be regarding the proper care of their new engagement ring:
At Greenwich Jewelers, we advise women to remove their engagement ring before showering. Hard water, soaps, lotions, and other products can dull the sparkle of your gems.
It’s important for women to find a routine that works for them. For example, place a small ring box in your bathroom where you store the ring during your shower, or have a consistent place you store it every night and wait until after you’ve showered and applied lotion every morning to put the ring back on your finger.
In addition, we tell our customers to store their ring safely while exercising. Lifting weights or putting pressure on the ring can wear it down over time.
To clean your designer engagement ring we recommend purchasing jewelry cleaner that is made specifically for the diamonds and gems in your ring. Certain porous gemstones, such as emeralds or pearls, need a specific type of jewelry cleaner. Your engagement ring is a valuable, lifelong investment, you should treat it as one.
It’s important to get your ring checked on an annual basis. Greenwich Jewelers, as most fine jewelry stores do, offers yearly servicing to check and tighten all diamonds and gemstones in the setting, and clean, polish and re-plate the ring as needed.
A final step in the care of your diamond engagement ring is to purchase insurance. We remind our customers that they want to insure the replacement of her engagement ring in case of loss or damage.
Every year between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day we see an increase in engagements. We believe this season brings family and friends together, so what better time to celebrate a new engagement? And, it gives you time to plan for a summer wedding!
This year, we’ve been noticing an increase in a few bridal trends that we wanted to share:
1. Yellow gold. This metal hearkens back to a more elegant and romantic time and its popularity continues to grow. Gold is a precious metal that is strong and timeless.
2. Two Tone. For those who are not sure about saying yes to a yellow gold engagement ring, we’ve seen an increase in two-tone bridal jewelry. This option allows you to have a touch of yellow gold, but maintain the presence of a white metal. Two-tone diamond rings also provide many brides the confidence to mix golds and not feel like they have to commit to a watch, earrings, necklace and bracelets in the same tone.
3. Halo free. We don’t believe diamond halos will ever be out of style, but we are seeing more and more brides choosing an engagement ring without a halo. In an effort to be different and stand-out from their friends they are breaking away from what was so popular for so long.
4. Multi-stones. Solitaires and single-stone rings with diamond halos and diamond shanks will always be classic. But this year we are seeing more multi-stone rings being selected than we have in some time. Couples preparing for marriage appreciate the symbolism of past, present and future, or you and me, in engagement rings featuring two or three stones.
Regardless of the ring you choose, remember that this is one piece of jewelry you are wearing every day, forever. Make sure this special piece represents your style and reflects what you love.
And for guys getting started on the process of purchasing a ring, our friends at The Plunge offer some great tips for shopping and selecting the perfect diamond.
The new Tre collection includes new and archived designs of three-stone diamond rings. These three-stone rings are individually made in America, and they are the ideal symbol of a couple’s past, present and future life together. This fine jewelry is created to be a romantic engagement ring or celebratory diamond anniversary ring. Tre represents a true love that lasts today, tomorrow and always.
The Spring-Summer 2015 issue of WEDDINGS by The Ritz-Carlton includes editorial highlighting the rose gold trend. Danhov Trenta earrings in 18k rose gold are featured. These are the perfect wedding day accessory for a fresh glow!
Traditionally known as the Pearl Anniversary, 30 years of marriage is significant for any couple; and as Danhov celebrates 30 years in the bridal jewelry industry this special pearl and diamond fine jewelry collection was introduced to mark the milestone.
You can view the collection at www.danhov.com/fine-jewelry/trenta
The Abbraccio collection is the essence of your true love’s perfect embrace.
Inspired by some of Owner/Designer Jack Hovsepian’s favorite old Hollywood films ending with the onscreen couple in a loving embrace, this handcrafted collection is identified by its iconic swirl setting.
Beginning with a single wire, it creates a band that seamlessly transitions into a mounting gracefully hugging the selected center diamond — symbolizing the never-ending love of two becoming one.
The Fall 2014 issue of Inside Weddings features a Danhov Couture diamond engagement ring on the front cover. It is stunning! (If we can say so ourselves).
It’s always exciting when our uniquely handmade rings are included in editorial, but to see this diamond beauty shining brightly on the front cover is a thrill for the entire Danhov team.
The Couture style shown is CE163. http://www.danhov.com/ce163
Your Danhov diamond engagement ring is individually created heirloom-in-the-making. It is something you want to wear daily – for a lifetime. To ensure it is always looking its best and shining bright, it’s important to take simple steps to care for it.
1. Remove your engagement ring when doing rough work or going to the gym. While a Danhov engagement ring is created to last a lifetime, the diamond can chip if it takes a blow.
2. When you do take off the ring, don’t place it with other jewelry or hard objects. To prevent any scratching it is best to store it in a pouch, or at least wrap it in a soft tissue.
3. Clean your Danhov diamond ring regularly with warm water and a mild detergent. Let it soak in the warm soapy water and then use a soft toothbrush to gently polish away dirt. Rinse with water and dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
4. At a minimum of once a year, visit your jeweler and have them check for any loose stones and give it a professional cleaning and shine up.
The Fall/Winter 2014 issue of Grace Ormonde Wedding Style magazine features wedding gowns from the runway, and in this editorial feature they include bridal jewelry that would complement the gowns.
We’re thrilled our Couture Sunburst ring (style CE154) was included in this beautiful editorial. Handcrafted in the USA, this Couture diamond ring is perfect for an eye-catching designer engagement ring or a statement-making cocktail ring.
Look for the issue on newsstands soon or download via iTunes.
The Danhov Couture Sunburst diamond ring is $8960 in 18k gold and $10,280 in platinum. These prices do not include the center stone. Choose a diamond, sapphire, ruby…it would be gorgeous with any stone!
The cover image of the September / October 2014 issue of Bridal Guide magazine features a lovely bride wearing platinum and blue topaz diamond drop earrings from the Abbraccio Fine Jewelry collection. The pale blue topaz surrounded by diamonds is just the right touch of “something blue.”
This collection is a natural extension of the unique and handmade Abbraccio engagement ring collection. Meaning to embrace, the Abbraccio collection is distinguishable by the flowing movement created by the swirls of diamonds embracing the center stone.
This fine jewelry is the perfect complement to any wedding gown, and ideal for daily wear. For any occasion, a piece of Abbraccio Fine Jewelry is a handmade heirloom-in-the-making.